Are You in a Difficult Relationship?
Answer these questions to find out:
- Do you frequently think about how you would like the relationship to be different?
- Does the other person have an addiction or engage in any activity excessively that affects the relationship?
- Do you experience frequent emotional pain because of the relationship?
- If “the problem” were gone, would your relationship be instantly better?
- Do you have conversations in your mind that you wish you could have with this person?
- Are you frustrated and confused about how to handle the relationship?
- Is the relationship on a roller coaster of good and bad?
- Do you feel bad about how you allow yourself to be treated?
- Do you wonder if it is all in your head and whether you are overreacting?
- Are you frequently angry with this person?
- Do you feel that the person does not listen to you or care about your concerns?
- Does the relationship feel hopeless and like it will never change?
- Are you picking up the pieces and fixing the fall-out from this person’s choices?
- Are you depressed?
- Is this person frequently angry with you?
If you said yes to more than two, you have a difficult relationship.
Mildly difficult 2-5
Moderately difficult 5-10
Extremely difficult 10-15