Do You Have Low Self-Esteem?
Answer these questions to find out:
1. Do you frequently compare yourself to other people?
2. Do you frequently feel self-conscious?
3. Do you beat yourself up mentally when you make a mistake?
4. When you make a mistake, do you assume others are thinking about or talking about what you did?
5. Do you think more negative thoughts about yourself than positive thoughts?
6. Does your fear of failure prevent you from doing things you would like to do?
7. Do you have one or more physical features that you have difficulty accepting?
8. Do you fear making a mistake in front of other people?
9. Do you experience anxiety in social situations?
10. Do you feel bad about your past mistakes?
11. Does it bother you considerably when others disapprove of you?
12. Do you do things you don’t want to do out of fear of disapproval and rejection?
13. Do you minimize the things about yourself that are good?
14. Do you believe you deserve whatever treatment people give you, even if it is disrespectful and bad because you must have done something to cause it?
15. Do you spend a considerable amount of time worrying about how you look?
16. Do you believe that if people could see the real you that they wouldn’t love you?
17. Do you judge yourself as inadequate in any area of your life?
18. Do you feel incompetent most of the time?
19. When others disagree with you or criticize you, do you assume you must be wrong and they are right?
20. Do you believe you don’t deserve a good life?
If you answered yes to any questions, see your score below to see where your self-esteem falls.
0-3: You have good self-esteem.
4-7: You have mildly low self-esteem.
8-11: You have moderately low self-esteem.
12 or more: You have very low self-esteem.