- Do you minister to hurting Christians in difficult relationships?
- Do you desire a deeper understanding of difficult relationship dynamics?
- Do you find yourself unsure of what to say?
- Do you want to be able to offer biblical and practical tools that really work?
As a women’s ministry leader, pastor, family ministry leader, men’s ministry leader, small group leader, lay counselor, recovery leader, non-profit leader, family member, friend, or neighbor, you encounter people with complicated relationship problems.
Ministry to these hurting people can be challenging, because difficult relationships have complicated dynamics and the answers aren’t simple, even for trained professionals. When you don’t know what to tell someone in pain, you tend to resort to scriptural clichés and pat answers. While you mean well, this is often painful to those who hear them because it feels as if you don’t really understand their situation. “Pray,” “Trust God,” “Submit,” “Love,” and “Forgive” are all scriptural, but they are not enough.
“Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to them, ‘Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,’ but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it?” (James 2:15-16, NIV). Just as we miss an opportunity to offer real physical help to the person who needs food and clothes, we miss an opportunity to offer people in difficult relationships real Christian relationship help. They want and need more than simple platitudes.
You encounter women in tremendous pain and confusion in difficult marriages. You also encounter men in difficult marriages and people struggling with rebellious children, dysfunctional families, and all kinds of relationships issues.
The resources at Change My Relationship will improve the way you interact with the people you minister to.
- They will give you an increased understanding of the person’s difficulties, thereby increasing your empathy.
- They will enable you to offer practical, Bible-based solutions so the person will leave with tangible tools to apply immediately.
- They will allow you to offer specific resources so the person will have direction and hope.
- They will enable you to feel confident and focused in your response, instead of overwhelmed and uncertain.
Karla Downing’s materials offer biblical and practical solutions that come from her personal experiences in difficult relationships and her professional knowledge and training. Thousands have been helped with her 10 Relationship-Changing Principles. Whether you choose to read the materials, listen to the audios, watch the videos, offer a support group or Bible study in your church, organization, or home using her studies, or simply recommend the website and materials, you will find yourself better equipped to offer Christian relationship help to the people who come into your sphere of influence.
Products to Help Your Ministry: